The Reimbursement Dietitian
Group Coaching Program
Dietitian Boss: It is about creating the wealth that affords you the life you’d LOVE to live instead of settling for what you can get.
So after years and years of trial and error – I decided it was time to design a program that not only provided the necessary reimbursement resources for dietitians but also walks you step-step through the process to ensure your success.
Because I have been in your shoes and I understand…
- How overwhelming the whole credentialing process can feel.
- How frustrating it is to understand your true financial potential in your practice but aren’t hitting your revenue goals.
- How tempting it is to want to give-up with even trying to accept insurance in your practice and revert back to a self-pay model.
- How important a strong support system is to build your insurance-based practice. My group program includes dietitians just like YOU, in similar stages of the reimbursement process.
And if you are like most of the awesome dietitians I know, you are willing and able to put in the work it takes to create a thriving insurance-based private practice. You just need the support to know exactly what you need to be working on in each stage of the reimbursement process.
With my proven approach and framework, there is no doubt in my mind you can create a multi 6-figure insurance-based private practice. I did, and you can, too!
A thriving and profitable insurance-based private practice dietitian needs…
- To be set up appropriately from a BUSINESS standpoint
- Be CREDENTIALED with the RIGHT insurance companies for their given TARGET patient population
- MAXIMIZE their insurance reimbursement rates using the correct CPT CODES.
- Master PREVENTATIVE coding to ensure their patients have UNLIMITED visits
- Establish TEMPLATES to save loads of TIME and MONEY
- SUCCESSFULLY DISPUTE insurance rejections quickly to ensure prompt payment
Think about it like having a bunch of rockstar private cheerleaders to support and cheer through your reimbursement journey.
Being in the company of like-minded hard-working dietitians looking to crush it in private practice using an insurance-based model is critical to your success. There is nothing better than engaging and learning alongside other fabulous fellow registered dietitian colleagues who share a similar goal. This collaborative environment fosters confidence, empowerment, and accountability.
Plus I limit the group to 10 dietitians. My hope is that in addition to all the education and implementation that will be going on is that you are able to create a strong sense of community, friendship, and support that will exist long after the program ends.
Think about it like having a whole bunch of wicked rad private cheerleaders to support and cheer through your reimbursement journey.
What is better than that?
And yes. I know it feels scary to invest in your private practice even if you aren’t crushing it yet. But what I can tell you from my own experience is those feelings of being overwhelmed, confused and frustrated about accepting insurance in your practice linger until you follow through with your goal of making money a priority.
Because Sis. I got you on this one. Seriously.
In a matter of 6 months, you will save yourself YEARS of trial and error and endlessly searching for answers on where to start.
Not to mention you’ll be saving yourself time and money by setting yourself up to build your reimbursement systems with clarity so you can EASILY bill insurance and create a highly profitable practice.
With my group coaching program, you will receive training on the following 10 areas of reimbursement for dietitians in private practice.
Due to the high demand for my program effective July 1, 2021 my Group Program is evergreen.
This means you can apply to my program at anytime throughout the year. There are no longer start dates every couple of months. That way, when you are ready you can apply. And if you are a good fit you can get started within a week of your application.
Module 1: Pre-credentialing
- Identify the importance of an NPI Type 1 & NPI Type 2
- Determine how to obtain an NPI Type 1 & NPI Type 2
- Identify the importance of Malpractice Insurance & purchase the one that best suits the needs of your practice
- Successfully complete the CAQH application
Module 2: credentialing
- Determine which insurance companies to apply to become credentialed with based on your state
- Understand the importance of building your insurance provider number ‘database’
- Apply for credentialing
- Evaluate an insurance contract & fee schedule
Module 3: CPT codes, ICD codes & Preventative Coding
- Determine which CPT codes dietitians can bill insurance with to maximize their reimbursement rates
- Identify the ICD 10 Codes dietitians can use to maximize both their patient’s MNT benefits and their reimbursement rates
- Define the necessary modifiers to be used on claims to ensure they get paid promptly
- Define the application of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) for dietitians
- Interpret preventative coding in the setting of the ACA
Module 4: Verifying Patient MNT Benefits
- Define the importance of verification of a patient’s MNT benefits
- Identify the information needed to verify a patient’s MNT benefits
- Summarize how to document a patient’s MNT benefits
- Identify the information needed to collect from the patient at the initial visit to successfully bill insurance
- Determine which insurance companies typically require a referral for MNT
Module 5: Filing Insurance Claims for MNT: Part 1
- Determine how to identify which fees must be collected at the time of service from patient for MNT
- Determine the specific time limitations for each insurance company for filing insurance claims for MNT
- Define the term ‘usual & customary billing rates’ for MNT
- Identify additional practitioner fees you may be able to collect but NOT be able to bill insurance for
- Identify the significance of Electronic Claims Submissions
- Name at least three different Clearing Houses for billing
Module 6: Filing Insurance Claims for MNT: Part 2
- Define what a CMS 1500 form is used for when seeking reimbursement for MNT
- Identify different MNT billing scenarios when a CMS 1500 form will be used
- Identify the information that must be included on each CMS 1500 form submission
- Define the important areas on a CMS 1500 you need to fill out for each claim submission
Module 7: Explanation of payments (EOPs)
- Define the importance of an EOP
- Identify the critical components of an EOP
- Recognize what to do with an EOP once you have read it
- Determine how to set up electronic payments with each of the major insurance companies
MODULE 8: HOW TO SET UP, BILL & CORRECT REJECTIONS IN SIMPLE PRACTICE
- Determine how to set up the back-end of Simple Practice
- Identify the 3 main reasons why Simple Practice is a good choice for insurance-based practices
- Understand how to correct rejected claims in Simple Practice
Module 9: How to maximize your patient’s insurance benefits – group counseling, corporate wellness & referral networks
- Explain how to utilize group counseling in your practice to maximize your reimbursement rates using a health-insurance based model
- Identify how to develop key alliances with local business to administer corporate wellness programs using a health-insurance based model
- Build strong alliances with local doctors who treat your target patient population
MODULE 10: Medicare Basics
- Identify who qualifies for Medicare
- Identify what RDs can bill Medicare for
- Summarize the 3 different Medicare enrollment applications
- Recognize the 6 unique billing factors of Medicare
In addition to these trainings, you will receive the following:
- Monthly LIVE Group Coaching Calls, including office hours 2 x per month, a monthly Q & A session, and access to workshops.
- Access to recordings of the Monthly Group Coaching Calls
- Access to important reimbursement resources like referral forms, verification forms, and scripts that save you tons of time & money
- Resources on telehealth, licensure, basic info on taxes & what is expected from a documentation standpoint.
- Access to my kick-ass CheatSheet for Billing the Major Insurance Companies
- Peer networking and ah-mazing support within our Private Facebook Reimbursement Group Coaching Community for the duration of your 6-month program
- Killer advice and guidance on common reimbursement topics of discussion in the weekly LIVE Facebook Videos from yours truly – Amy Plano, The Reimbursement Dietitian
- Access to the training platform for 6 months after the end date of your group
- Special pricing for other products like The Reimbursement Academy & more advanced private practice courses
ALL the training modules are released at the start of the course. Therefore, you can work at your own pace. You have access to course modules for a full 12-months. Therefore, there is NO rush! Take them at your own speed.
The course contains specific, reimbursement training, as well as implementation exercises, resources, and actionable checklists to ensure your reimbursement success.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
The course is designed for any dietitian looking to reach more people with their services, grow the shit out of their practice AND maximize their reimbursement rates so they can make more money.
Even if you are ALREADY credentialed this is STILL an awesome program for you. We literally cover EVERYTHING about reimbursement. And trust me Sis, you don’t know what you don’t know.
Getting credentialed is the easy part. Learning how to successfully bill, reconcile claims and maximize your reimbursement – well that takes some solid education and handholding. And that is exactly what my program is all about. SUPPORT.
6-months. In addition, you have access to the trainings in Kajabi for 6-months after the course ends as well.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
In my experience just because you are credentialed it does not mean you know how to bill in a way that maximizes your reimbursement rates as a dietitian.
So while I commend you for your ability to get credentialed on your own – we will be covering everything from how to efficiently verify your patient’s benefits, to ‘special’ codes to use to get unlimited visits & what to do when your claims get rejected.
Trust me. Getting credentialed is the EASY part.
Learning how to maximize your reimbursement, successfully correct rejections and navigate ALL the major insurance companies weird billing rules that is the HARD part.
Due to evergreen nature of the course, the size will depend on the ‘season’ of enrollment. There are generally on average about 20-30 dietitians completing this epic program at any given time.
Absolutely! Of course, you can pay in full for $2400. Or you have the option to pay $440 per month for the 6-month duration of the course. The first payment is due when you sign the course proposal. In addition, I often offer a 12-month payment plan as well at $235/month x 12-months. My goal is to make my program accessible for ALL RDS interested in getting credentialed with insurance in their state.
No. This course will provide you with the framework, guidance, and support necessary to support you in the credentialing process. It is your responsibility to follow-through by implementing this framework.
Sis, how can you not take this course? Seriously! If you are NOT accepting insurance in your practice then you are leaving money on the table. So, of course, the program is worth the cost. My reimbursement methodology shows you step by step how to get credentialed, bill and make killer money.
You have access to the training modules for a full 12-months.
The LIVE portion including the calls & private Facebook page you have access for 6-months from the time you formally enroll in the progra,.
The group coaching program is EVERGREEN. This means you can APPLY at anytime and if accepted you can get started within 7 days of getting accepted into the program.
Unfortunately, YES. Sadly, right NOW Florida & Michigan are states that are next to impossible to get credentialed with the insurance companies. So I currently DO NOT accept dietitians practicing in these states for my reimbursement coaching programs.
Ready to grow your practice by accepting health insurance, make some serious money and increase the number of people you can help with your services? Apply now for The Reimbursement Dietitian Group Coaching Program.